Friday, July 14, 2006

PC - Solving Slowness Woes

Do you ever wonder, "Why is my PC soooo terribly slow?" Why do I have so many icons that appear at the bottom right of my PC? (near the clock) Do I actually need those icons that I never click on?


This picutre is a bit over exaggerated but I think it serves a great purpose.



Click on "Start", then click "Run".

Next, type "msconfig" into the box and click "OK".

******************************************************************

BIG HUGE WARNING SIREN GOES OFF HERE.........Use at your own risk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for your changing any settings!! :-)

Only click on the "Startup" tab, & NOTHING ELSE! If you mess with the "BOOT.INI", "SYSTEM.INI", "WIN.INI", etc... and start changing settings, there's a good posibility that your PC will not turn on, and if it does, you won't be happy!!!

*******************************************************************

Anyway, lets continue...

You want to click "Disable All", then click "OK"

Once you click "OK", a box will appear asking for a Reboot. Once you reboot your PC, if you were bogged down with icons hogging your RAM, you will notice an increase in speed & efficiency!

Since we need the RAM (free and clear) for our huge programs to run smoothly, this will for sure increase your productivity!

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home